TERMS OF SERVICE
Thank you for visiting counsellingkinesiology.com.au (hereinafter referred to as “This Website”).
IF THE READER OR USER DOES NOT AGREE WITH ANY OF THE FOLLOWING TERMS OF SERVICE AND DISCLAIMER, THE READER OR USER SHOULD NOT USE THE TECHNIQUES AND INFORMATION OR REMAIN ON THIS WEB SITE. IF THE READER OR USER REMAINS ON THIS WEB SITE, THE READER OR USER WILL BE DEEMED TO HAVE ACCEPTED THE PROVISIONS OF THE TERMS OF SERVICE AND DISCLAIMER.
The techniques and information (hereinafter referred to as “the techniques and information” or as “Counselling Kinesiology™”) include the information or techniques contained on this website and related materials including but not limited to in any advertising, testimonials, workshops, trainings, online or live educational courses, books, training materials in any media, practitioner information or other materials.
The techniques and information are solely for informational purposes. Gordon Dickson and Counselling Kinesiology™ (“we”) are not dispensing medical advice, diagnosis or prescription either directly or indirectly to any reader, user or student (“you”). We make no recommendations or representations about the psychological or physiological effects for any of the material or reported ideas here presented. We do not make any representations, warranties or guarantees that any of the techniques or information will produce any particular medical, psychological, physical or emotional result.
We encourage people finding themselves in need of treatment by a medical professional to see their duly licensed physician, psychological practitioner or licensed medial health practitioner.
The techniques and information reported as results achieved by particular individuals can vary and should not be considered as expected.
Readers, users and students, who use the techniques and information do so entirely on their own responsibilities.
SOME POINTS OF EXPLANATION –
In these days of increased litigation, we have been advised by our legal advisors to include this agreement as a condition of using the techniques and information or staying on this site. It is aimed at protecting every-one concerned by getting things clearly stated up-front. We feel that it is sad that this is necessary, as what we are saying is basically common sense.
Severe Psychological Problems and Psychiatric Problems
Some people have been so badly traumatized, neglected and/or abused in their lifetimes that they have developed extremely severe psychological problems. Other people may have severe psychiatric problems such as Dissociative Identity Disorder (Multiple personalities), Schizophrenia, Paranoia, Bipolar Disorder (Manic Depressive), Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, Suicidal Depression and other serious mental disorders – often with delusions.
Some people with severe problems can have what is called “abreactions”. This is the release of stored up mental tension through intense feelings, speech and / or actions. Sometimes people can feel like they are reliving a past traumatic experience. They may go out of control, which in itself can be very frightening for themselves and a practitioner. During severe abreactions some people are at risk of doing harm to themselves or others and may need to be sedated or hospitalized. In a psychiatric hospital abreactions are quite common, but in everyday society they are very, very rare.
Counselling Kinesiology™ has been reported to be helpful even in working with severe cases (under the supervision of a trained mental health professional), but in such severe cases, it should only be used with this supervision.
It is important not to use Counselling Kinesiology™ with people who have such serious issues unless you have the training and experience to do so. Refer these people on to the appropriately trained person.
The following statements constitute a legal agreement between you (“you” and “your” refer to any user or reader of this website) and me (“Gordon Dickson”).
PLEASE READ THESE STATEMENTS CAREFULLY –
The techniques and information contained in this website and the Counselling Kinesiology™ Training are for educational purposes only, and only represents the personal opinions of Gordon Dickson, unless otherwise indicated.
- Counselling Kinesiology™ is experimental, it is not scientifically proven and could, in some cases, be associated with distressing abreactions. As Counselling Kinesiology™ has not undergone rigorous scientific testing, the risks that might be determined by such testing are unknown.
- The Counselling Kinesiology™ Training is a unique integration of ideas and concepts drawn from Western mainstream counselling, complementary approaches to counselling and Kinesiology. It is not intended or claimed to be training in mainstream psychology or psychotherapy and must always be referred to as Counselling Kinesiology™, not Counselling.
- Subject to the other provisions in this agreement, you can use Counselling Kinesiology™ on yourself and others at your own risk; however, Gordon Dickson cannot and will not take any responsibility for what you do with these techniques.
- You agree to take full responsibility for your mental, emotional and / or physical well-being during and after reading or using this website and doing or after and Counselling Kinesiology™ training.
- You agree to instruct others, whom you work with using Counselling Kinesiology™, to take full responsibility for their mental, emotional and / or physical well-being.
- You agree to hold Debra Dickson, Gordon Dickson and Counselling Kinesiology™ harmless from any claims made by anyone whom you have used the Counselling Kinesiology™ techniques with, or whom you have shown how to use these techniques.
- You agree not to recommend that people stop or alter their medications. If there appears to be problems, you refer them back to their prescribing physician.
- You accept that we have urged you to use these techniques under the direct supervision of a qualified therapist or physician, for debriefing, supervision and expert advice purposes.
- You accept that we have urged you to refer cases of serious mental health conditions to a mental health professional or registered health professional, and to re-port cases of active abuse or neglect to the appropriate authorities.
- You accept that Counselling Kinesiology™ is not “Repressed Memory Therapy”, “Past Life Therapy” or “Spiritual Healing” and if / when you are using these therapies, you do not claim to be doing Counselling Kinesiology™.
- You agree not to use Counselling Kinesiology™ to claim to predict the future, or as a tool to claim to determine the historical truth of the past.
- You do not use Counselling Kinesiology to try to deal with a problem where your common sense would tell you it is not appropriate.
The techniques and information are provided on an “as is” basis without any warranties of any kind, express or implied, whether warranties as to use, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or otherwise. We expressly disclaim any liability for and shall not be liable for any loss or damage including but not limited to any loss or damage from any use of the information or any part of the information and shall not be liable for any direct or indirect compensatory, special, incidental or consequential damages or costs of any kind or character.
IF THE READER OR USER DOES NOT AGREE WITH ANY OF THE PRECEDING TERMS OF SERVICE AND DISCLAIMER, THE READER OR USER SHOULD NOT USE THE TECHNIQUES AND INFORMATION OR REMAIN ON THIS WEB SITE. IF THE READER OR USER REMAINS ON THIS WEB SITE, THE READER OR USER WILL BE DEEMED TO HAVE ACCEPTED THE PROVISIONS OF THIS DISCLAIMER AND THE TERMS OF SERVICE.
© 2017 Gordon Dickson, Counselling Kinesiology™